The High Speed Sustainable Manufacturing Institute (HSSMI) is a not-for-profit research and technology development organisation that bridges the gap between academia and industry. HSSMI’s mission is to provide outstanding commercial value and knowledge to improve the efficiency of UK and European manufacturers and their value chains. To do this, HSSMI takes a contemporary and applied approach to collaboration, developing and co-ordinating multi-partner and multi-industry teams which span academia, OEMs, value chain partners and solution providers.
The core UK manufacturing markets include:
- Wider transport, including electric bicycles, heavy goods vehicles and rail
HSSMI’s work is focused on four manufacturing themes, all of which can be applied to the sectors listed above:
- Virtual Engineering
- Circular Value Chains
- Resource Efficiency
- Manufacture of Electric Powertrains
For the openMOS project, HSSMI’s major efforts will be in the energy optimisation of the system (WP4) as well as the validation of the industrial pilot demonstrators (WP6 & WP7) with minor efforts in the openMOS plug-and-produce architecture (WP3).
- Name: Mr. Farhad Bidgol
- Phone: +44 (0)20 3823 5631
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://hssmi.org/
- Address: Here East Broadcast Centre, 3 Lesney Avenue, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford, E20 3BS